Hi everyone, Josefine here. I’m super excited to be joining Dana for her Holiday Card Series 2019. Have you seen all the other posts yet? I watched some of the amazing videos that have been posted so far and definitely got some great inspiration. Let me fill you in on a little secret… these are my first Christmas cards for this year, so I can definitely use all this inspiration.
Make sure you are following this series for amazing holiday inspiration, giveaways, discount codes and don’t forget to leave a comment below to qualify all the giveaways. There will also be tutorials and cards shared by Dana as well and she will have a few surprises to share with you!
For my first cards this season, I picked a simple, yet fun design. Thanks to the Misti, I was able to create three similar card fonts rather quickly and was then able to customize all the backgrounds. But see for yourself how I made three super quick backgrounds – from “a lot of white space”, to “grungy”, and “spacy”.
What do you think? Great designs to start with?
Did adding some sparkle make it more festive?
I sure think so, because what is Christmas without the glitter 🙂
Here is what I used
- Catherine Pooler – The Man with the Bag: https://shop.catherinepooler.com/collections/new/products/man-with-the-bag-stamp-set?aff=32
- Elizabeth Craft Designs – Reindeer Mail: http://shrsl.com/1zic1
- Elizabeth Craft Designs – December Moments: http://shrsl.com/1ziby
- Lawn Fawn – Stitched Rectangle Dies: http://shrsl.com/1zic2
- Catherine Pooler – Postage Stamp Dies: https://shop.catherinepooler.com/collections/dies/products/postage-stamp-dies?aff=32
- Catherine Pooler – Midnight, Over Coffee, Icing on the Cake: https://shop.catherinepooler.com/collections/ink/products/neutrals-ink-collection-ink-pads-refills-bundle-6-colors?aff=32
- Catherine Pooler – Tinseltown Sequin Mix: https://shop.catherinepooler.com/collections/sequin/products/tinseltown-sequin-mix?aff=32
- Nuvo Vintage Drops – Postbox Red: http://shrsl.com/1zic6
- WOW Trio – Bursting with Color: http://shrsl.com/1zice
- Altenew washi tape: http://shrsl.com/1zinr
- Copic marker R12, R14
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
- Versamark ink pad
The GJC Holiday Card Series runs from November 17 to December 14. Each day Dana will have a Guest Designer right here on the blog sharing their holiday card ideas just like I did here today. Hopefully you will find something to inspire you to create holiday cards for your family and friends this year. Follow along on her YouTube Channel and make sure you leave comments on each designer’s posts or videos for chances to win.
If you liked my cards, please feel free to follow me here:
- Blog: www.holylise.com
- YouTube: youtube.com/holylisedesigns
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/themakerdeli_by_holylise/
- Facebook: facebook.com/holylise
Thanks so much for stopping by and don’t forget to come back for more inspiration from Dana and more guest designers.